Teen Driving Solutions School
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Please read this agreement carefully and submit your signature acknowledging you have read and are in agreement of the terms herein.
* Note: Your typed signature serves are your official signature and acceptance of the agreement.
I hereby acknowledge and understand that Teen Driving Solutions School, Inc., will conduct a teen driver education and training seminar (The GRIP on Life Teen Driving Seminar) for students 15 years of age or older with or without a valid learners permit or license and that this seminar will consist of classroom instruction as well as behind the wheel training exercises. Additionally, I acknowledge and understand that during the in car training exercises, the Student, while accompanied by a professional driving instructor, will drive a motor vehicle through exercises line with orange traffic cones where they will achieve maximum speeds of approximately 45 miles per hour.
IN CONSIDERATION for participating in any way in the Seminar, event or activity encompassed by this Agreement, the participant (Student) does hereby fully and knowingly assume all risks associated with participation in the Seminar, event or activity and further agree to forever release, waive, defend and indemnify Teen Driving Solutions School, Inc., its professional driving instructors, and all of the Teen Driving Solutions School sponsors, including but not limited to, Virginia International Raceway, and all of the officers, directors, employees, agents, parent companies, affiliates, successors and assigns of each of the aforementioned, from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, costs, actions, judgments, expenses and liabilities of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, but not limited to, any claim or demand as a result of injury to the Student or from the death of the student, whether caused by the negligence of Teen Driving Solutions School, the professional driving instructors, the sponsors or otherwise, while the Student is participating in the seminar or using the vehicles or engaging in any activities related to the vehicles or the Seminar.
I further acknowledge and understand that in circumstances whereby a collision occurs for which the Student is in any way responsible, I hereby agree that I will be responsible for all damages, costs, fees, and expenses resulting from such incidents.
I acknowledge and understand that by voluntarily signing this agreement with full knowledge and disclosure of the risks associated with the activities of the Seminar, I am relinquishing substantial rights.
I represent and affirm that I (the Student) am (at minimum) of the legal age of 18 and that the following statements are accurate, true and correct;
- That I will NOT have consumed, used or ingested any alcohol or illegal or impairing or controlled substance or drug in the 24 hours preceding their participation in the Seminar.
- That I have a valid driver license and am legally permitted to drive a motor vehicle.
- That I am not currently using any medications that would cause impairment or otherwise induce drowsiness.
- That I do not suffer from any condition including but not limited to, epilepsy, hearing or visual impairment which would render their participation in the Seminar unreasonably dangerous to the myself or the professional driving instructors or other participants and potential spectators and the I will wear (if I have been prescribed) any eyewear or hearing apparatus required to safely and properly operate a motor vehicle.
This Release shall be governed by the laws of the state of North Carolina without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. If any part of this Release is deemed invalid, unenforceable or void for any reason, all other parts of this Release shall remain in full effect and force.