Teen Driving Solutions School
PARENTAL CONSENT-WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY
I hereby acknowledge and understand that Teen Driving Solutions School, Inc., will conduct a teen driver education and training seminar (The GRIP on Life Teen Driving Seminar) for students 15 years of age or older with a permit or license and that this seminar will consist of classroom instruction as well as behind the wheel training exercises. Additionally, I acknowledge and understand that during the in-car training exercises, the Student, while accompanied by a certified driving instructor will drive a motor vehicle through skills building exercises where they may achieve maximum speeds of approximately 55 miles per hour. IN CONSIDERATION for allowing the minor (Student) to participate in any way in the event or activity encompassed by this Agreement, I the parent and/or guardian, my asides and estates and the minor do hereby fully and knowingly assume all risks associated with participation in the Seminar, event or activity and further agree to forever release, waive, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Teen Driving Solutions School, Inc., all of its instructors and staff members, and all of the Teen Driving Solutions School Inc. sponsors, including but not limited to Virginia International Raceway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, or any other venue where activities and events are being held, all of the officers, directors, employees, agents, parent companies, affiliates, successors and assigns of each of the aforementioned, from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, costs, actions, judgments, expenses and liabilities of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, but not limited to, any claim or demand as a result of injury to myself and/or the Student or from the death of myself and/or the Student, caused by any reason or action, including the negligence of Teen Driving Solutions School Inc., the driving instructors or staff, the sponsors or otherwise while I and the minor (Student) are attending in any way and/or participating in the seminar, or using a vehicle while attending and/or engaging in any activities related to the event or the Seminar. I acknowledge, agree and understand that when I and/or the Student are using a/my/the personal vehicle during attendance and participation in the event and seminar that I will be responsible for any and all wear and tear, damages, costs, fees, and expenses resulting from such participation and operation of said vehicle. I further acknowledge and understand that in circumstances whereby a collision occurs for which the Student is in any way responsible, I hereby agree that I will be responsible for all damages, costs, fees, and expenses resulting from such incidents. I acknowledge and understand that by voluntarily signing this agreement with full knowledge and disclosure of the risks associated with the activities of the Seminar, I am relinquishing substantial rights. I represent and affirm that I am the parent and/or legal guardian of the Student listed below and that I am (at minimum) of the legal age of 21 years, and that the following statements are accurate, true and correct:
- The Student is at least 15 years of age.
- That I will NOT have consumed any alcohol during the 12 hours preceding my participation in the Seminar, and that both I and the Student will NOT have consumed, used or ingested any illegal or impairing or controlled substance or drug in the 24 hours preceding my participation in the Seminar; medications prescribed to me or the Student for personal use by a physician taken as prescribed excepted.
- That both I and the Student are not currently using any medications that would cause impairment, drowsiness or otherwise reduce our ability to participate in any way in the seminar and event activities.
- That I have a valid driver license and am legally permitted to operate a motor vehicle.
- That neither I or the Student suffer from any condition including but not limited to, epilepsy, hearing or visual impairment which would render our participation in the Seminar unreasonably dangerous to myself or anyone else participating in the event, or any spectators and/or potential spectators of the event, and that I will wear any prescribed eyewear, hearing apparatus, or other prosthetic required to safely and properly operate a motor vehicle in any and every way.
This Release shall be governed by, arbitrated and legally tried by and according to the laws of the state of North Carolina and its legal venue without regard to its conflicts of laws and provisions. If any part of this Release is deemed invalid, unenforceable or void for any reason, all other parts of this Release shall remain in full effect and force. I have read, understand and agree to each of the provisions herein and I am signing this Waiver, Release and indemnity Agreement freely and voluntarily.